- What kind of bike will the Undertaker work on?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:26:30
The Undertaker has been tested on many bikes and there are some considerations: Firstly, the front wheel...
- Why do I need straps on the handlebars or...
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:28:03
These straps hold the front of the bike upright and secure to the towing vehicle...
- What if I attach the straps to...
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:28:50
The bike needs to be able to lean as well as swivel at the triple tree...
- What is the recommended bumper height...
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:29:33
The Undertaker is designed to accommodate most “normal” bumper heights. If the hitch receiver is too low...
- What size front tire will the Undertaker handle?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:05:55
The Undertaker will handle up to a 5 ½” wide front tire, 6” if you lower the tire air pressure.
- How heavy of a bike will this handle?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:06:12
Our field testing handled full-dressed Harley Davidsons with estimated curb weights of over 1000 lbs.
- Does the Undertaker fit smaller 1¼" receiver...
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:33:26
At this time we do not make an Undertaker for this size receiver... although, as the need arises, it will undoubtedly become an option.
- Will I damage my bike if I tow it long distances..
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:34:04
We have not experienced any problems with this but we DO recommend checking with the bike’s manufacturer...
- What if I have a shaft-drive motorcycle?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:07:08
Again, we have not experienced any problems in testing but we DO advise checking with the bike’s manufacturer or an authorized dealer.
- Can I control or limit the degree of lean while...
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:34:44
The higher the front wheel is lifted, the more dramatic the lean. Raise the front wheel only enough...
- Can the Undertaker be backed up (in reverse)?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:35:06
The Undertaker backs much like any trailer but with the short wheelbase, steering and counter-steering are exaggerated and a “Jacknife” can severely...
- What if I leave the bike in gear?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:07:56
If you really have to ask this question then you probably shouldn't be on a motorcycle!
DON’T EVER LEAVE THE BIKE IN GEAR!! Serious damage may, and probably WILL result!
- What keeps the bumper straps from loosening?...
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:36:01
The straps should be tightened so that the front shocks are approximately half-loaded while on level ground. The shocks then keep tension on the straps during...
- What if I leave the kickstand down?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:08:29
When turning the unit, the kickstand will strike the ground and may damage your bike. Make sure that the return spring is in good condition and, if in doubt, tie the kickstand up.
- Do I need lights on the motorcycle when towing?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:36:44
This is subject to the interpretation of local laws and DOT requirements. The Undertaker is not technically a trailer. While not an official endorsement, we have had several law enforcement officials look at...
- Will the Undertaker cause tire wear?...
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:37:22
Generally, no. Road bike tires will wear the same or less than if riding traditionally. Because there is no rider weight, wear will typically be less than usual. Softer, dirt bike tires may wear slightly more than usual over long distances on pavement but will likely be unnoticeable.
- Do I need special insurance to use the Undertaker?
Last Modified: 2006-02-12 16:09:17
This depends on your policy (ies). Please check with your agent with regard to towing and towed vehicles both for the towing vehicle and for the bike.
- Will this run up my odometer reading?
Last Modified: 2006-02-14 16:21:10
Generally speaking, No. Most bikes that we are familiar with operate the speedometer/odometer from...
- How far apart should the straps be?
Last Modified: 2006-03-09 09:52:42
Position the straps the the furthest extents of the bumper. By attaching the straps to a position closest...
- What is the general shipping time?
Last Modified: 2006-03-09 11:41:24
Shipping on the UndertakerMTS occurs within 24-48 hrs. after verification of payment. For more information on...
- Can i use this with my SuperBike?
Last Modified: 2006-03-18 20:13:46
We don't see any reason why not. We've tested The Undertaker with every type of bike pos.....
- How come the Undertaker wasn't shipped in a coffin
Last Modified: 2009-08-28 16:15:46
Due to rising shipping costs for irregularly packaged items, the undertaker is no longer being shipped in the coffin. We have also received several complaints regarding casket damage incurred during parcel transit.